Voxel-based analysis using permutation testing and threshold-free cluster enhancement
mrclusterstats [ options ] input design contrast mask output
- input: a text file containing the file names of the input images, one file per line
- design: the design matrix
- contrast: the contrast matrix
- mask: a mask used to define voxels included in the analysis.
- output: the filename prefix for all output.
In some software packages, a column of ones is automatically added to the GLM design matrix; the purpose of this column is to estimate the “global intercept”, which is the predicted value of the observed variable if all explanatory variables were to be zero. However there are rare situations where including such a column would not be appropriate for a particular experimental design. Hence, in MRtrix3 statistical inference commands, it is up to the user to determine whether or not this column of ones should be included in their design matrix, and add it explicitly if necessary. The contrast matrix must also reflect the presence of this additional column.
Options relating to shuffling of data for nonparametric statistical inference¶
- -notest don’t perform statistical inference; only output population statistics (effect size, stdev etc)
- -errors spec specify nature of errors for shuffling; options are: ee,ise,both (default: ee)
- -exchange_within file specify blocks of observations within each of which data may undergo restricted exchange
- -exchange_whole file specify blocks of observations that may be exchanged with one another (for independent and symmetric errors, sign-flipping will occur block-wise)
- -strong use strong familywise error control across multiple hypotheses
- -nshuffles number the number of shuffles (default: 5000)
- -permutations file manually define the permutations (relabelling). The input should be a text file defining a m x n matrix, where each relabelling is defined as a column vector of size m, and the number of columns, n, defines the number of permutations. Can be generated with the palm_quickperms function in PALM (http://fsl.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/fsl/fslwiki/PALM). Overrides the -nshuffles option.
- -nonstationarity perform non-stationarity correction
- -skew_nonstationarity value specify the skew parameter for empirical statistic calculation (default for this command is 1)
- -nshuffles_nonstationarity number the number of shuffles to use when precomputing the empirical statistic image for non-stationarity correction (default: 5000)
- -permutations_nonstationarity file manually define the permutations (relabelling) for computing the emprical statistics for non-stationarity correction. The input should be a text file defining a m x n matrix, where each relabelling is defined as a column vector of size m, and the number of columns, n, defines the number of permutations. Can be generated with the palm_quickperms function in PALM (http://fsl.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/fsl/fslwiki/PALM) Overrides the -nshuffles_nonstationarity option.
Options for controlling TFCE behaviour¶
- -tfce_dh value the height increment used in the tfce integration (default: 0.1)
- -tfce_e value tfce extent exponent (default: 0.5)
- -tfce_h value tfce height exponent (default: 2)
Additional options for mrclusterstats¶
- -threshold value the cluster-forming threshold to use for a standard cluster-based analysis. This disables TFCE, which is the default otherwise.
- -connectivity use 26-voxel-neighbourhood connectivity (Default: 6)
- -info display information messages.
- -quiet do not display information messages or progress status; alternatively, this can be achieved by setting the MRTRIX_QUIET environment variable to a non-empty string.
- -debug display debugging messages.
- -force force overwrite of output files (caution: using the same file as input and output might cause unexpected behaviour).
- -nthreads number use this number of threads in multi-threaded applications (set to 0 to disable multi-threading).
- -config key value (multiple uses permitted) temporarily set the value of an MRtrix config file entry.
- -help display this information page and exit.
- -version display version information and exit.
- If not using the -threshold command-line option:
Smith, S. M. & Nichols, T. E. Threshold-free cluster enhancement: Addressing problems of smoothing, threshold dependence and localisation in cluster inference. NeuroImage, 2009, 44, 83-98
- If using the -nonstationary option:
Salimi-Khorshidi, G. Smith, S.M. Nichols, T.E. Adjusting the effect of nonstationarity in cluster-based and TFCE inference. Neuroimage, 2011, 54(3), 2006-19
Tournier, J.-D.; Smith, R. E.; Raffelt, D.; Tabbara, R.; Dhollander, T.; Pietsch, M.; Christiaens, D.; Jeurissen, B.; Yeh, C.-H. & Connelly, A. MRtrix3: A fast, flexible and open software framework for medical image processing and visualisation. NeuroImage, 2019, 202, 116137
Author: David Raffelt (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Copyright: Copyright (c) 2008-2020 the MRtrix3 contributors.
This Source Code Form is subject to the terms of the Mozilla Public License, v. 2.0. If a copy of the MPL was not distributed with this file, You can obtain one at http://mozilla.org/MPL/2.0/.
Covered Software is provided under this License on an “as is” basis, without warranty of any kind, either expressed, implied, or statutory, including, without limitation, warranties that the Covered Software is free of defects, merchantable, fit for a particular purpose or non-infringing. See the Mozilla Public License v. 2.0 for more details.
For more details, see http://www.mrtrix.org/.